Our Yoga Holidays in Spain are ideal if you want to relax and unwind. It offers you a calming retreat from the stresses of the outside world, a beautiful location, healthy food and a great opportunity to experience new things and to make new friends in the warm Spanish sunshine. The weather here in Murcia is said by the World Health Organization to be the healthiest climate in the world and in the winter it is like permanent spring.
On our yoga retreats, one session of yoga is held daily and the rest of the day is yours to relax and do what you wish, be it chilling by the pool, taking a mosaics course, enjoying the jacuzzi, or going for a walk/hike in the beautiful countryside. The holiday is yours to do as you wish!
Your friendly host has extensive yoga experience, and she will ensure that you receive personalised and individual attention throughout your break, including an introductory session so you can focus on your own goals and improve relaxation, breathing, alignment, coordination, stamina and core strength.
The secluded retreat is surrounded by beautiful almond, lemon and orange trees, sweet scented jasmine and bougainvillea. The gardens are an ideal place to relax in the shade or to take a soothing swim in the private pool and if you like the feel of the sand between your toes you are just 25 minutes from the fantastic coastal beaches of Murcia. The retreat is a place to relax, far away from the daily routine of a busy life. A place to simply just ‘be’. The village is quiet and has no immediate local restaurants or amenities, so it is recommended to hire a car, or arrange transport with your hosts for visiting local places of interest, or eating out.
This is the perfect place for fitness and spirituality to come together on a yoga retreat holiday break with a difference.
Dates and Prices
Yoga Retreats in Murcia, Spain
Dates: Yoga is available throughout the year and is available as a week or half week retreat
Availability: up to 8 people per day
Cost: £560 GBPounds per full week of 7 days / £350 GBPounds per half week of 4 days
Includes: Breakfast, 1 yoga session per day, evening meal & use of all the facilities
- Prices are based on 2 people sharing a room with bathroom in either a twin or double room
- If there are 2 people traveling together, you will be allocated in a bedroom together
- If you are traveling solo, you will be allocated a room with another solo traveler of the same sex for no additional supplement but if you prefer a private room, you can pay a supplement for your own private bedroom which can be added during the booking process
- Wi-Fi is available throughout the guest lounge and by the swimming pool
- Price does not include flights to the retreat or airport transfers, but discounts are available for transfers if booked through us
These courses make great singles holidays as we´re a small private venue but private rooms are available for a supplement of from £90 GBPounds dependent on season and bookings.
This retreat center also offers Pilates Reformer and Matwork retreats, walking holidays, cookery holidays and mosaic making holidays.
La Magdalena is a small village in Murcia that is surrounded by almond groves and mountains. The closest range of mountains, the Sierra Espuna is a 45 minutes drive away and is a stunning nature reserve.
Twenty five minutes from the village is the port of Mazarron, and it is just forty minutes to the famous La Manga strip and the Mar Menor where people go to bathe in the salt lakes, with its many healing benefits. A little further is the Cathedral City of Murcia. In this region you will also find some of the best golf courses around. Walking and cycling trails are abundant as are quiet, protected beaches, and in this area the typical Spanish countryside with its sleepy villages is seemingly behind modern times.
A short drive from the village is the City of Cartagena which has a beautiful port, where the cruise ships sailing the Mediterranean stop off every Wednesday. Cartagena is not a tourist area and has many typical Spanish cultural places of interest to visit, good restaurants, museums and a great shopping centre.
The retreat is just twenty five minutes from the nearest airport of Murcia, San Javier. You could also fly to Alicante Airport which is just over an hour away, and transfers are available on request.
Comfortable accommodation is offered at the retreat house. It is not a hotel but a homestay with comfortable spaces and bedrooms that have been suitably designed for the comfort and well-being of the retreat participants.
There are 4 guest bedrooms that have all have been decorated to a high standard. All rooms are supplied with bathroom and pool towels.
Bedroom 1 – the ‘sunshine room’ is a large bedroom that can accommodate 4 single beds for group bookings, or twin/double for couples or 2 sharing. It looks out onto the gardens and has air conditioning and en-suite facilities.
Bedroom 2 – the ‘blue room’ can accommodate 2 singles or a double. It looks out onto the garden and has air conditioning and en-suite facilities.
Bedroom 3 – the ‘purple room’ can accommodate a twin or double, and overlooks the inner courtyard and has en-suite facilities.
Bedroom 4 – the ‘pink room’ is a single room overlooking the inner courtyard and has en-suite toilet and wash facilities and shared bathroom.
There is a dining room and separate sitting room for guest use with TV, music facilities and wifi and a good choice of books and games available for guests to read and play during their stay.
Snacks beverages, tea making facilities and fridge, are also available 24 hours a day in the dining area for guest’s convenience.
All of the food is prepared freshly each day. Where we can, we use local organic ingredients. The region is known as the garden of Spain and the fresh fruits and vegetables are in abundance. The Retreat’s gardens produce fresh figs, apricots, lemons, oranges, pomegranates, and grapes and are included in our recipes when in season.
The food is mainly vegetarian but we do provide fish and chicken if requested.
- Daily healthy Breakfasts consist of freshly baked bread each day, cereals, nuts, seeds and fresh seasonal fruit. (Additional dishes can be provided for Breakfast on request).
- Lunches include fresh salads, local savoury pastries, sandwiches & tortillas varied each day, these are available at a discounted rate if not included in your package.
- Dinner is always a sumptuous affair with varied dishes including vegetarian, chicken or fish main courses seasoned to perfection and a delicious dessert to follow. Alcohol is available at a discounted rate to guests.
- Teas, coffees, herbal teas and water are available free throughout the day.
We do cater for special dietary needs.
We believe in good food, keeping the body and mind contented and full of energy.
The Yoga Therapy Training Centre have visited the Retreat four times and have asked that the owners put together a recipe booklet of our vegetarian dishes, which is currently being undertaken!
- Your instructor has been practicing yoga and Pilates for many years using her knowledge, enthusiasm and experience to inspire and develop the same focus in those seeking to simply improve their wellbeing
- She is trained by The Body Control Pilates Association (BCPA) which is Europe’s foremost professional Pilates organisation
- She is also a certified Pilates reformer instructor which means she will be able to build a program with you to target strength building or to change and improve body shape
- She is also trained and experienced with Osteoporosis/Osteopenic clients so her programmes will benefit sufferers of Osteoporosis
She is also has achieved the following qualifications:
- Pilates in pregnancy
- British School of Yoga meditation
- Reiki Level 1
- Currently undertaking the advanced Yoga teacher with BSY
The owners are big animal lovers and are involved in the welfare of dogs, many which are badly treated in Spain. They even hold ‘dog lovers’ holidays, which are very popular, where the guests can spend time with the lovely dogs and also enjoy yoga, Pilates and all other aspects of the Retreat. The dogs are very quiet and peaceful, and stay some distance from the guests, but if you are allergic to dogs then you might want to consider this before booking.
One of the owners is well known in the region for his mosaics and it is well worth booking one of his mosaic courses whilst you are at the Retreat! Use the enquire now button above for ask for more information.
What can I say – great food, gorgeous dogs, beautiful setting and fantastic Pilates, the only thing missing was the sun but you can’t control that!
Thanks for a relaxing week which has really helped me recharge my batteries over the extended Easter holidays. I really enjoyed the classes and the setting. Thanks for letting me borrow the bike to go to the beach one day. That hill will live in my memory! Hope to be back here again for a recharge soon.
Thank you so much for your welcoming hospitality, I have never enjoyed doing nothing quite so much. It has been a wonderfully relaxing week, giving me time with my mind in a safe and supportive environment.