Enjoy a very special week of Pilates and Nia in a beautiful and tranquil part of Spain. Get fit and have fun whilst staying at the lovely, peaceful retreat where the accommodation is comfortable and the food is tasty!
What is Nia?
Nia is a wonderful way of gaining health and fitness through movement. We love it and want to share the benefits with as many people as possible. Its primary focus is on having fun and learning to move your body in new ways to exciting music from all around the world.
Nia incorporates a wonderful mix or movements inspired by martial arts, jazz, modern dance, tai chi and yoga. It is also gentle on the joints, therefore Nia is suitable for anyone of any age or fitness level.
Benefits experienced by regular Nia aficionados can include -
- Weight loss
- Improved sleeping patterns
- Stress reduction
- Increased happiness
- Improved balance
- Strengthened and toned muscles
- Increased stamina
- Increased confidence and self-esteem
What better way is there to experience Nia than at our wonderful retreat set in the Spanish sunshine. 2013 will be our third year of successful Nia and Pilates retreats, and it will also have the added benefit of optional WeighLess4Life consultation and advice sessions, which will be incorporated into your itinerary. With this, you can achieve maximum benefits from your Nia practice, Pilates sessions and the healthy diet that we provide on our retreats.
The emphasis is on fun and relaxation. Nia retreats are an experience which will enrich your life and be a holiday experience you will never forget… So come on, bring comfortable clothes to class and be prepared to kick your shoes off and have some serious, healthy, fitness fun!
The retreat is set in a peaceful, secluded area of Spain surrounded by citrus fruit and almond trees, scented jasmine and bougainvillea. The retreat gardens are an ideal place to relax when you are not having fun in the Nia and Pilates classes! Alternatively, take an invigorating swim in the private pool. You are just 15 minutes from the fantastic coastal beaches of Murcia if you wish to feel the sand between your toes!
The retreat is not a hotel but a homestay with cosy bedrooms that have been design for the well-being of all retreat guests. The terraced swimming pool is surrounded by sunbeds, umbrellas and comfortable seating. It is a wonderful place to chill out in the evenings over a relaxing drink. During your stay here you can also enjoy the jacuzzi or make use of the other facilities and courses held at the retreat, such as yoga, Pilates or mosaic making.
Nia and Pilates Retreat in Spain
Dates: The Nia and Pilates Retreat is available on the following two dates in 2013
- 29th August to 3rd September
- 5th to 10th September
Cost: £595 GBPounds for 6 days, 5 nights
Includes: 1 x Nia & Pilates session per day (excluding arrival & departure days), accommodation, breakfast, evening meal and use of all the retreat facilities
- Prices are based on 2 people sharing a room with bathroom in either a twin or double room
- If there are 2 people traveling together, you will be allocated in a bedroom together
- If you are traveling solo, you will be allocated a room with another solo traveler of the same sex for no additional supplement but if you prefer a private room, you can pay a supplement for your own private bedroom which can be added during the booking process
- Wi-Fi is available throughout the guest lounge and by the swimming pool
- Price does not include flights to the retreat or airport transfers, but discounts are available for transfers if booked through us
These courses make great singles holidays as we´re a small private venue but private rooms are available for a supplement of £95 GBPounds in the winter months (October – May) and £190 GBPounds in the summer months (June-September).
This retreat center also offer Pilates, yoga, walking, cooking and mosaic making holidays.
There is one Nia and Pilates session per day each day.
For the rest of the day guests are free to enjoy all the facilities of the retreat, such as the pool, jacuzzi and peaceful gardens.
Guests can also add in other activities besides Nia and Pilates, which may include yoga, mosaic making or walking/cycling, a massage, or just resting and having some treatment and therapies (some with small additional costs).
We pride ourselves on flexibility, after all it is your holiday. If you have any specific requests or holiday ideas you’d like to discuss please use the enquiry button above and fill in the form.
La Magdalena is a small village in Murcia that is surrounded by almond groves and mountains. The closest range of mountains, the Sierra Espuna is a 45 minutes drive away and is a stunning nature reserve.
Twenty five minutes from the village is the port of Mazarron, and it is just forty minutes to the famous La Manga strip and the Mar Menor where people go to bathe in the salt lakes, with its many healing benefits. A little further is the Cathedral City of Murcia. In this region you will also find some of the best golf courses around. Walking and cycling trails are abundant as are quiet, protected beaches, and in this area the typical Spanish countryside with its sleepy villages is seemingly behind modern times.
A shirt drive from the village is the City of Cartagena which has a beautiful port, where the cruise ships sailing the Mediterranean stop off every Wednesday. Cartagena is not a tourist area and has many typical Spanish cultural places of interest to visit, good restaurants, museums and a great shopping centre.
The retreat is just twenty five minutes from the nearest airport of Murcia, San Javier. You could also fly to Alicante Airport which is just over an hour away, and transfers are available on request.
Comfortable accommodation is offered at the retreat house. It is not a hotel but a homestay with comfortable spaces and bedrooms that have been suitably designed for the comfort and well-being of the retreat participants.
There are 4 guest bedrooms that have all have been decorated to a high standard. All rooms are supplied with bathroom and pool towels.
Bedroom 1 – the ‘sunshine room’ is a large bedroom that can accommodate 4 single beds for group bookings, or twin/double for couples or 2 sharing. It looks out onto the gardens and has air conditioning and en-suite facilities.
Bedroom 2 – the ‘blue room’ can accommodate 2 singles or a double. It looks out onto the garden and has air conditioning and en-suite facilities.
Bedroom 3 – the ‘purple room’ can accommodate a twin or double, and overlooks the inner courtyard and has en-suite facilities.
Bedroom 4 – the ‘pink room’ is a single room overlooking the inner courtyard and has en-suite toilet and wash facilities and shared bathroom.
There is a dining room and separate sitting room for guest use with TV, music facilities and wifi and a good choice of books and games available for guests to read and play during their stay.
Snacks beverages, tea making facilities and fridge, are also available 24 hours a day in the dining area for guest’s convenience.
All of the food is prepared freshly each day. Where we can, we use local organic ingredients. The region is known as the garden of Spain and the fresh fruits and vegetables are in abundance. The Retreat’s gardens produce fresh figs, apricots, lemons, oranges, pomegranates, and grapes and are included in our recipes when in season.
The food is mainly vegetarian but we do provide fish and chicken if requested.
- Daily healthy Breakfasts consist of freshly baked bread each day, cereals, nuts, seeds and fresh seasonal fruit. (Additional dishes can be provided for Breakfast on request).
- Lunches include fresh salads, local savoury pastries, sandwiches & tortillas varied each day, these are available at a discounted rate if not included in your package.
- Dinner is always a sumptuous affair with varied dishes including vegetarian, chicken or fish main courses seasoned to perfection and a delicious dessert to follow. Alcohol is available at a discounted rate to guests
- Teas, coffees, herbal teas and water are available free throughout the day
We do cater for special dietary needs.
We believe in good food, keeping the body and mind contented and full of energy.
The Yoga Therapy Training Centre have visited the Retreat four times and have asked that the owners put together a recipe booklet of our vegetarian dishes, which is currently being undertaken!
“I have just recommended your wonderful retreat to a colleague at work who is recovering from a back problem and is struggling to get in to Pilates.”
“Thanks so much for all your gorgeous food and everything you have done for us during our stay. Hope you enjoy the rest after we kept you so busy these last 2 weeks!”
“I’ve had one of the best weeks of my life. A fabulous retreat centre. The attention to detail, the wonderful food, the calm, unhurried manner that we’ve been looked after with, I’ve been nourished on all levels.”
- Viv has been practicing yoga and Pilates for many years using her knowledge, enthusiasm and experience to inspire and develop the same focus in those seeking to simply improve their wellbeing
- She is trained by The Body Control Pilates Association (BCPA) which is Europe’s foremost professional Pilates organisation
- She is also a certified Pilates reformer instructor which means she will be able to build a program with you to target strength building or to change and improve body shape
- She is also trained and experienced with Osteoporosis/Osteopenic clients so her programmes will benefit sufferers of Osteoporosis
She is also has achieved the following qualifications:
- Pilates in pregnancy
- British School of Yoga meditation
- Reiki Level 1
- Currently undertaking the advanced Yoga teacher with BSY
The owners are big animal lovers and are involved in the welfare of dogs, many which are badly treated in Spain. They even hold ‘dog lovers’ holidays, which are very popular, where the guests can spend time with the lovely dogs and also enjoy yoga, Pilates and all other aspects of the Retreat. The dogs are very quiet and peaceful, and stay some distance from the guests, but if you are allergic to dogs then you might want to consider this before booking.
Dan, one of the owners is well known in the region for his mosaics and it is well worth booking one of his mosaic courses whilst you are at the Retreat! Use the enquire now button above for ask for more information.
Or get a random holiday selection: Surprise Me!