Come to the Barcelona Coast and enjoy three days of fun and thrilling cycling on this superb Mountain Bike Holiday in Spain!
Enjoy a long weekend of riding in the mountains around Barcelona, one of the best areas for MTB in Spain. On your cycling break here you will cross the ‘Serra de Marina’, a stunning ride having at one side the Mediterranean sea, and at the other, mountains with amazing views leading down to Barcelona City at your feet.
Enjoy a great mix of cycling adventures; from flowing bike trails inside the forest with wild nature surrounding you, to rides beside the deep blue sea and into the vibrant city.
Our local, English speaking guides have many years experience and a detailed knowledge of the area. Bike rental is included in the cost and our bikes are excellent Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc, but if you wish you may pay a small supplement to get an upgraded cycle.
The region where this mountain bike holiday takes place is located about 40 km north of Barcelona and Girona is about the same distance away further north. This excellent location gives you the choice of two well serviced airports, and it is very easy to make your way to Calella where we are based.
The lovely hotel where you will be accommodated is just 75m from the beach in a friendly tourist area. The hotel enjoys good sized bedrooms and a lovely pool.
Head to Spain and enjoy a fantastic Mountain Bike Holiday close to Barcelona that gives you easy access to beautiful beaches and many great cycle tours which we take great pride in guiding you on. Book soon to secure your place!
Dates and Prices
Mountain Bike Holiday on the Barcelona Coast Dates 2016
Please use the enquire now button to ask us for dates available.
- 3 days/ 2 nights in Hotel Volga*** or similar
- 2 Breakfast and 2 dinners
- Appetizer in Barcelona’s harbour
- Welcome briefing
- 3 guided routes with local English spoken guides
- Bike rental: Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc
- Helmet & water
- Support vehicle
- BBQ on the beach
Price does not include:
- Transfers to/from airport/hotel
- City tax
- Meals and drinks not detailed above in ‘Price Includes’ list
- Extras like mini bar, telephone…
- Upgraded bike
- Arrangements of transfers available at extra cost
- All prices in euros.
- Similar hotel: any of our other 3 star hotels
We are located in Calella, about 45 km from Barcelona city centre and 40 km from Girona airport, between the Mediterranean Sea and the Montnegre Nature Park. This privileged location allow us to enjoy gentle winters and hot summers, with ideal temperatures for outdoor activities, a walk beside the sea along the promenade or just to have a drink on the terrace.
We are well connected with the cosmopolitan Barcelona by train. Every 30 minutes and for less than 10,00 euros you can reach the centre of this Mediterranean city. No matter if you have already visited Barcelona before, or if this will be your first time, we are sure that you will love it!
Getting to Calella
Barcelona’s airport is one hour away by bus and two hours by train. Barcelona is one of the best connected cities worldwide. From the airport you can take a taxi (approx. 120,00€/way), reserve a shuttle transfer by internet (approx. 30,00€/way) or come by train (approx.10,00€/way).
The Girona’s airport at 40km from Calella services many different low cost companies. From this airport you can get Calella by taxi (approx. 80,00€/way) or reserve a shuttle transfer by internet (approx. 25,00€/way).
Situated just 45 kilometres from Barcelona in Calella, the Hotel Volga***, is positioned 75 meters from the beach and close to the city centre. Its excellent location at 45 kilometres from Girona, makes this an ideal place to visit many of the lovely touristic places in Catalunya.
Our on-site Mediterranean restaurant includes a buffet service and show cooking. All of the rooms are equipped with a complete bathroom including hairdryer, terrace, air conditioning and heating, telephone, television, optional mini-bar and safe security box.
Hotel facilities include:
- Restaurant on-site
- Outdoor pool (not heated)
- Multilingual staff (English, Spanish, French, Italian, German, Russian, Dutch, Portuguese)
- Baggage hold
- Safe deposit box
- Cable or satellite television
- Fax machine
- Air-conditioning and Heating
Other important / useful information:
- Our support vehicle will meet up the group throughout the day over the whole route covering any needs, such as water, food, etc.
- The duration of the route is always approximate. Timings always depend on the group’s average speed and ability.
- Routes can be longer or shorter depending of the group’s skills or the technical level required.
- Minimum age 16 years with parents.
- Come and feel the Barcelona MTB Ride essence.
- We have been renting bikes for 12 years and guiding groups for 8 years giving us lots of experience and a detailed knowledge of the area.
- Our priority is to make sure that you safely enjoy the ride, the bike and the environment.
Currently no reviews are available. Reviews will appear here shortly.