Are you a beginner cyclist and want to learn more? Do small inclines feel like mountain climbs when you try to cycle up them? Do you wonder what to do when somebody tells you to “Use the GEARS!” If so, then this Leisure Cycling Holiday in Mallorca is perfect for you!
Do you remember how you loved to ride your bike in your youth and you really wish that you enjoy that carefree experience once again? Well, this friendly and fun cycling holiday with many opportunities to relax and view the lovely scenery of Majorca is exactly what you are looking for. It is perfect for those would-be cyclists who aren't quite sure where to start!
Whatever your experience on a bike, this is the cycling holiday you have been looking for. Join us on this Leisure Cycling Holiday in Majorca and experience cycling as it should be enjoyed.
After a week of leisure cycling in Mallorca you will:
- be able to cycle hills with confidence (and possibly even pleasure!)
- understand which gear to use in different situations
- have a feeling for pedal cadence
- enjoyed group riding techniques
- have achieved many things that will make you proud and happy
- have increased your general fitness
Our friendly and understanding professionals, lead by cycling professional Sean Kelly, are experienced at working with all levels of cyclists. They will take the time to build your abilities until you can enjoy cycling training in a confident and happy way.
Cycling in Mallorca
We will be growing your cycling skills whilst exploring the peaceful, traffic free lanes around the foothills of the Serra de Tramuntana mountain range. On your daily cycle rides you will visit ancient sleepy villages such as Sineu, Petra, Muro, Campanet and Pollença.
One of the fantastic things about taking a cycle holiday in Majorca is that you get to experience and see this beautiful island in a different way than the majority of tourists. You will enjoy its varied natural scenery and the diversity of its towns and villages – some ancient and sleepy; others cosmopolitan and vibrant.
On this leisure cycling holiday in Majorca, we cater for beginner cyclists, sports cyclists, and leisure cyclists. Whatever your level we guarantee that nobody gets left out. The cycling training has been designed to a structure that offers you continuous improvement which you can easily follow when you leave.
A Typical Day
All group riders depart the hotel between 9:30am and 10:00am.
You will want to head down to the bike garage 15 minutes before your group leaves so that you can check your tyres, fill your drink bottles and prepare for the day's cycling. We meet at the front of the hotel and we always aim to leave on time. We shall not perform any mechanical maintenance in the morning, however If you feel that your bike needs work, simply inform the mechanic after the ride. The cycle work shop is open every day from approximately 4:00pm to 6:30pm.
After cycling for about 30 to 60 km (depending on the group level) we shall stop for a coffee and possibly a cake! We break for lunch at around 1:00pm at local bars in village squares, for example. We tend to return to the hotel between 3:30pm to 4:00pm
Between 4:00pm to 9:00pm, you have plenty of time for a massage, go for a swim, hit the spa, head to the beach, visit the gym, enjoy a stretch and relax, etc. Evening dinner is taken between 6:00pm and 9:00pm. The bar is open until midnight or longer, so enjoy yourself and have fun!
This Cycling Holiday in Mallorca is based around fun and relaxation. It is the perfect holiday for those who desire a cycling holiday with a laid back atmosphere. Join us in 2014 and find out what makes us the best cycle holiday company to ride with in Majorca!
Dates and Prices
Leisure Cycling Holiday in Mallorca Dates and Prices 2018
Prices pps standard studio, 7 nights.
- 17/3 – 17/4/18 : from 734 €
21/4 – 13/5/18 : from 799 €
22/10 – 6/10/18: from 799 €
6/10 – 27/10/18: from 730 €
The Cycling Package prices are per person sharing a studio and include the following :
- Exclusivity. We don’t allow external cyclists joining group rides.
- Everything will be taken care of from the moment you arrive in Palma de Mallorca airport to the moment you depart. Airport transfers with shuttle bus are included in the package prices; for more comfort, you can also request private airport transfers.
- Half board in Hotel Zafiro Tropic **** or Hotel Zafiro Palace***** for the number of nights you chose. Different room options are available
- Hire one of our high-quality road bikes or bring your own
- 5 guided group rides/week in ability groups (up to 5 different group levels). Group rides Sunday to Friday; Wednesday is rest day; Saturday regular change over day
- Private SportActive bike garage & shop with bike mechanic. Energy bars, gels, drinks for sale as well as SportActive cycling kit
- All SportActive guests stay in the same hotel as a big family and we have reserved tables in the hotel restaurant allowing to meet for the meals. This makes the trip very enjoyable also for solo travellers
- The SportActive notice board in the hotel foyer informs you daily about next day’s group rides: group leaders, distances, lunch stop, destination of the rides
- Exclusive SportActive Professional Sports Masseur
- As a SportActive guest, you have exclusivity of our services and exclusivity to ride with Cycling Legend Sean Kelly in Mallorca.
- You will be treated like a pro: nothing to think about, everything will just happen during your cycling holiday…
Prices do not include:
- Single supplement
- Garden view studio
- Drinks during the meals and other private expenses
- All Inclusive option
- Private medical insurance
- Travel insurance
- Bike hire with bike damage cover
- Bike transfer, airport-hotel-airport
- Airport transfer with private taxi.
Location and accommodation
Our cycling training centre is located in Puerto de Alcudia, a delightful place on the north coast of Mallorca, near to the impressive Tramuntana mountain range. You will be accommodated in the superb four star Hotel Zafiro Tropic, which offers you some of the best facilities in Mallorca for your cycling training needs.
We have our very own bike garage in the hotel, with a mechanic on-hand and a bike shop where we sell bike accessories, energy drinks and bars, and a full range of cycling kit and cycle clothing. We also offer bike hire to save you bringing your own bike over, although you can do so if preferred.
You will be accommodated in the four-star Hotel Zafiro Tropic.
The magnificent Hotel Zafiro Tropic is located just 200 m from the wonderful beach of Puerto de Alcudia, and right in the centre of the shopping and entertainment district. We have chosen this magnificent hotel to ensure that our guests have the cycling holiday of a lifetime!
The Hotel Zafiro Tropic was renovated in 2009, and its comfortable and complete facilities are perfect for the whole family. The rooms are both elegant and well-proportioned, and there are three swimming pools for you to enjoy: a general pool, a fun pool for the kids featuring water attractions and a Pirate Boat, and finally, an exclusive, adults only, chill-out pool with Balinese beds for the feeling of complete luxury. Viva Tropic also has a Spa with indoor pool, sauna, Turkish bath and Jacuzzi.
The Hotel Zafiro Tropic four-star offers you:
- Superb spa with jacuzzi and sauna
- Fully equipped gymnasium with a number of spinning bikes
- 3 pools and large gardens
- Swimming pools for adults and children
- Solarium with hammocks and parasols
- Chill-out pool (over 18 years only).
- Towel service for the pool
- Playground and games room
- Childrens’ club from early April with Kid’s pool.
- Free wi-fi access in public areas
- Internet corner (fee applies)
- 24hr reception offering information and service
- Foreign exchange
- Vehicle hire
- Doctor service
- Recreational games area
In the Hotel Zafiro Tropic there are 319 apartments and studios available, all with balcony, telephone, satellite TV, air conditioning/heating, a safe, music channels, kitchen and complete bathroom. There are also 18 apartments available for disabled guests.
“Thanks for a great week’s cycling. We enjoyed the hotel and the new bike garage is very spacious; the guides were so helpful and had a superb knowledge of the roads on the island. They always looked out for our safety. Thanks again for a fantastic week.”
“Just to say thanks for a great trip. Everything was really well organised and things went very smoothly. I really learned a lot and am inspired to cycle more. Thanks, Martin, for all your advice and encouragement on the roads. Good luck with the rest of your Mallorca season!”
“A lovely week and lots of fun. Thank you lots, for another super sunny week of cycling and having fun in Mallorca! Everything was up to the usual high standard we have come to expect from you, great hotel, great bikes, great spins, great company, great weather… we all had a ball :)”
“I have cycled with you for two years now in Mallorca – a great fun experience and a chance to meet many other like ability cyclists. The whole team run a well planned and organised cycle holiday, whether it be for training or leisure. Hotel is good – food is good – ‘craic’ is good – cycling is good and the sun is warm! Looking forward to our next trip. Well done to all.”