This Cycling Holiday Training Camp in Mallorca has been created with you in mind. Join the experts and benefit from their teaching as they show you how to increase you cycling skills dramatically as you ride around the stunning foothills and mountains of the stunning Tramuntana range.
Organised by world ranked number one cyclist for 5 consecutive years, cycle pro Sean Kelly, this week of cycle training is entirely for you, to suit your needs and requirements.
Wouldn't it be great to hugely increase your bike skills in climbing, descending, cornering, braking, and using the gears efficiently? Have you ever cycled in a group? Group training riding techniques are also covered and the aim is to help you feel comfortable on all your future rides, be they individual or in company.
Join together with fellow cyclists from around the world in an atmosphere of comradeship and friendship and head to Majorca for a week in the sun whilst staying in a luxurious four star hotel, situated 400 m from the beach. Whether you travel on your own, with a partner, or with a group of friends, you are sure to all get along from the very first evening when we meet up.
Your group rides will be structured over the cycling holiday in order to add variety to the routes and the terrain, to train different skills, and in particular, advance group riding skills. As a group we will progress together on the rides like a professional squad, getting to know the riding style of our companions and learning how to behave according to each situation that we encounter. We do not allow riders from outside the cycling training camp holiday group to join in during the week; unlike other cycling companies who often include casual riders for 2 or 3 days of riding.
All this may appear to be tough, but it isn't! You will be placed in a group of similar abilities and it is important to us that you ride within your fitness and skills window in order to progress safely and efficiently. We certainly do not wish to put you under any undue stress as we know that this is counter-productive to both your enjoyment of the cycling holiday and the pleasure that you get from cycling.
Why should I come on this Cycling Training Camp?
Are you having thoughts such as the following:
- I'm a beginner and new to cycling
- I don't cycle well enough to go on a Cycling Holiday or Training Camp
- I'll never be able to keep up with the group
- I'll be struggling keeping the pace and I'll be left behind
- A week like that is just not going to work for me
Worry no more! Let us calm your fears:
- You are good enough. You are not alone as there will be other cyclists with similar abilities
- You will be able to keep up with the group as we tailor all groups to their abilities
- We certainly won't leave you behind or lose you!
- ...and most importantly, you'll be surprised how much you improve your cycling skills throughout the week!
Our Cycling Training Camp experience is all about cycling with comfort and increasing confidence in yourself. It is important to remember that you will be cycling with professional guides and teachers that have been hand-picked and trained for this holiday by none other than ex-world number one cyclist Sean Kelly. If you choose to come on a cycling training camp in April or October you may event get the fantastic opportunity to cycle with the legendary Sean Kelly himself! Sean will be staying at the hotel with our guests and will be on hand during the week to chat about his experience at the top level of international cycling.
A Typical Day
All group riders depart the hotel between 9:30am and 10:00am.
You will want to head down to the bike garage 15 minutes before your group leaves so that you can check your tyres, fill your drink bottles and prepare for the day's cycling. We meet at the front of the hotel and we always aim to leave on time. We shall not perform any mechanical maintenance in the morning, however If you feel that your bike needs work, simply inform the mechanic after the ride. The cycle work shop is open every day from approximately 4:00pm to 6:30pm.
After cycling for about 30 to 60 km (depending on the group level) we shall stop for a coffee and possibly a cake! We break for lunch at around 1:00pm at local bars in village squares, for example. We tend to return to the hotel between 3:30pm to 4:00pm
Between 4:00pm to 9:00pm, you have plenty of time for a massage, go for a swim, hit the spa, head to the beach, visit the gym, enjoy a stretch and relax, etc. Evening dinner is taken between 6:00pm and 9:00pm. The bar is open until midnight or longer, so enjoy yourself and have fun!
Head to Mallorca this year and make huge improvements to your cycling skills and increase your enjoyment of the sport on this very special Cycling Training Camp. Learn new techniques covering all aspects of cycling as you ride in and around the stunning Tramuntana Mountain range in the Spanish sunshine!
Dates and Prices
Cycling Training Camp in Mallorca Dates and Prices 2018
Prices pps standard studio, 7 nights.
Prices pps standard studio, 7 nights.
17/2 – 17/3/18 : from 549 €
17/3 – 17/4/18 : from 734 €
21/4 – 13/5/18 : from 799 €
22/10 – 6/10/18: from 799 €
6/10 – 27/10/18: from 730 €
The Cycling Package prices are per person sharing a studio and include the following :
- Exclusivity. We don’t allow external cyclists joining group rides.
- Everything will be taken care of from the moment you arrive in Palma de Mallorca airport to the moment you depart. Airport transfers with shuttle bus are included in the package prices; for more comfort, you can also request private airport transfers.
- Half board in Hotel Zafiro Tropic **** or Hotel Zafiro Palace***** for the number of nights you chose. Different room options are available
- Hire one of our high-quality road bikes or bring your own
- 5 guided group rides/week in ability groups (up to 5 different group levels). Group rides Sunday to Friday; Wednesday is rest day; Saturday regular change over day
- Private SportActive bike garage & shop with bike mechanic. Energy bars, gels, drinks for sale as well as SportActive cycling kit
- All SportActive guests stay in the same hotel as a big family and we have reserved tables in the hotel restaurant allowing to meet for the meals. This makes the trip very enjoyable also for solo travellers
- The SportActive notice board in the hotel foyer informs you daily about next day’s group rides: group leaders, distances, lunch stop, destination of the rides
- Exclusive SportActive Professional Sports Masseur
- As a SportActive guest, you have exclusivity of our services and exclusivity to ride with Cycling Legend Sean Kelly in Mallorca.
- You will be treated like a pro: nothing to think about, everything will just happen during your cycling holiday…
Prices do not include:
- Single supplement
- Garden view studio
- Drinks during the meals and other private expenses
- All Inclusive option
- Private medical insurance
- Travel insurance
- Bike hire with bike damage cover
- Bike transfer, airport-hotel-airport
- Airport transfer with private taxi.
Location and accommodation
Our cycling training centre is located in Puerto de Alcudia, a delightful place on the north coast of Mallorca, near to the impressive Tramuntana mountain range. This location offers you the perfect place to practise your cycling while enjoying the breath-taking scenery without the worry of the weather letting you down. You will be accommodated in the superb four star Hotel Zafiro Tropic, which offers you some of the best facilities in Mallorca for your cycling training needs. What’s more, you will be only a few minutes walk from the beautiful beach and the delightful harbour with its shopping districts, bars, and restaurants
We have our very own bike garage in the hotel, with a mechanic on-hand and a bike shop where we sell bike accessories, energy drinks and bars, and a full range of cycling kit and cycle clothing. We also offer bike hire to save you bringing your own bike over, although you can do so if you prefer.
You will be accommodated in the four-star Hotel Zafiro Tropic.
The magnificent Hotel Zafiro Tropic is located just 200 m from the wonderful beach of Puerto de Alcudia, and right in the centre of the shopping and entertainment district. We have chosen this magnificent hotel to ensure that our guests have the cycling holiday of a lifetime!
The Hotel Zafiro Tropic was renovated in 2009, and its comfortable and complete facilities are perfect for the whole family. The rooms are both elegant and well-proportioned, and there are three swimming pools for you to enjoy: a general pool, a fun pool for the kids featuring water attractions and a Pirate Boat, and finally, an exclusive, adults only, chill-out pool with Balinese beds for the feeling of complete luxury. Viva Tropic also has a Spa with indoor pool, sauna, Turkish bath and Jacuzzi.
The Hotel Zafiro Tropic four-star offers you:
- Superb spa with jacuzzi and sauna
- Fully equipped gymnasium with a number of spinning bikes
- 3 pools and large gardens
- Swimming pools for adults and children
- Solarium with hammocks and parasols
- Chill-out pool (over 18 years only).
- Towel service for the pool
- Playground and games room
- Childrens’ club from early April with Kid’s pool.
- Free wi-fi access in public areas
- Internet corner (fee applies)
- 24hr reception offering information and service
- Foreign exchange
- Vehicle hire
- Doctor service
- Recreational games area
In the Hotel Zafiro Tropic there are 319 apartments and studios available, all with balcony, telephone, satellite TV, air conditioning/heating, a safe, music channels, kitchen and complete bathroom. There are also 18 apartments available for disabled guests.
We have top quality new Focus or Cucuma road bikes for hire with aluminium frame carbon forks. These High Specification bikes are equipped with Shimano 10-speed 105 or Ultegra groupset with triple chainring and Mavic race wheels. We also have a limited number of Top of the Range Full Carbon bikes with Shimano Dura Ace 10 speed groupset only available with compact drive chainset 50/34; rear cassette 12/27, 10 speed.
- Bikes are rented without pedals (apart from beginners/trekking bikes)
- Pedals need to be rented separately
- All hire bikes are supplied with the following accessories: computer, saddle bag and tire leavers, pump and 2 bottle cages
- There is no insurance cover for theft. The hirer is fully responsible so please check your travel insurance
Price per week for bike hire:
- Road bike Model C: Focus or Cucuma brand, Aluminium frame – carbon fork, Shimano 10-speed, groupset with triple chainring – 100 €/week; additional day 14 €. Optional bike damage cover: 2 €/day can be subscribed on site
- Full carbon road bike bike – 155 €/week; additional day 22 €; optional bike damage cover 4.20 €/day
- Bike hire must be fully paid with the booking in order to guarantee your bike.
When compared with the cost of bringing your own bike over at an average cost of 84 €, this compares favourably. You also enjoy no hassle, no stress, and no travel damage.
“Since being on your Cycling Training Camp last April 2013, my cycling has transformed. I have been cycling 5 years and competing for 3 years and I have to say I learned more in my one week of cycling with you than I have since starting cycling. Everything about the cycling week was amazing from the weather, good roads, hospitality, great organisation of the week, the mechanical back up, and great attention to detail. I had the privilege of being coached by Martin and I really believe it is his sound advice discipline and coaching skills that has helped me improve from being dropped at races to winning my first A4 race and being placed twice this year. Another unbelievable achievement was being second in my category in the Leinster Hill Climbing Championship in August where I think the practice we got in the mountains and hills in Majorca really helped me. I just want to say a big thank you to you all for a wonderful year of cycling.”
“Our third visit and it just gets better each time. Dream team of leaders sensitive to our every need. New faces, new places, lots of fun – you’re never too old to enjoy cycling at whatever level. Thank you so much to Martin, Flora, Derek, Thierry and Guillermo, and not forgetting Sean for his helping hand uphill. See you next year.”
David and Marguerite Miatt
“Just want to say a big thank you to everybody for a brilliant week. We learned loads, made lots of friends, and enjoyed every minute of the holiday. It has given us great confidence and improved our cycling abilities and we will definitely be back!”
Yvonne and Paul
“Very friendly atmosphere, great rides, wonderful place to cycle, very nice hotel. I thought Rafael was great as well as a leader. Oh, and I’m now a total fan of Sean Kelly. It was amazing to get to ride with him, such a lovely man 🙂 I had a wonderful time, many thanks for all. I hope I can come back soon.”